"The magic thing about home is that it feels good to leave and feels even better to come home." - Wendy Wunder
Welcome home to students, families, and staff,
This past year there was a tremendous amount of excitement as we packed up ‘old’ Laird to prepare for our new state-of-the-art school. WE ARE HOME AGAIN!
Our school is finished and ready for Laird students!
- Our new classroom building includes 32 classrooms with six common areas used to promote group learning and small breakout sessions for students.
- Each classroom was designed with natural light to promote more focused and productive learning.
- Every classroom is equipped with state-of-the-art technology.
- We have an outdoor courtyard area for students to gather and an amphitheater in the middle of the courtyard to provide an area for full classes to have lessons outside.
- There are dedicated classrooms for band, orchestra, and choir.
- The multi-purpose room set up for basketball, volleyball, and other sports.This space also includes a full stage for our concerts.
- The Jim Lemmon Learning Commons was built with students in mind; students can check out books and sit in a window seat and read!
- Our new playground has something for everyone, including a regulation soccer field for our championship team!Our playground also includes a community garden which our kindergarten students will begin the initial project in the garden!
For the first time in Laird history, our middle school students will have an opportunity to take advanced courses in English, Science, and Science. AVID will now be in grades 6, 7, & 8—with AVID strategies being taught in all middle school classes. We have embarked on Project Based Learning at several grade levels; we will continue with several teachers involved in the district Tech Cadre to ensure technology is being integrated into student’s daily learning. Robotics and coding have become so popular, students as young as 4th grade will be able to join in these after school clubs.
We are HOME and are quickly growing to be one of the strongest schools in the area. Come join us!
Nancy Uxa, Ed.D